- Click on Gust Maps from the left menu bar.
- By clicking on the forecast resolution you can view the maps at 50 kilometer resolution for the GFS and ECMWF. The 8 kilometer resolution is only available on the ECMWF model.
- The higher the resolution, the more accuracy and detail of the forecast.
- To zoom in and out use the plus and minus zoom controls on the map, your mouse wheel, or the trackpad in your laptop.
- You can also click on the map to get detailed gust intensity for that point on the map in the pop up box.
- Gusts are sudden, brief increases in the speed of the wind. The duration of a gust is usually less than 20 seconds. The gust maps only show intensity not direction. Refer to wind maps for detailed directional analysis.
- All sailors know that it is the Gust that can do major damage, and is often more dangerous than a high average wind strength. It is prudent practice to view the Gust Map, to check the maximum wind strengths you may experience. A large difference between the average wind strength, and the gusts can be very dangerous, especially if you are not prepared.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information