Like all other weather models available, it relies on a weather input file which can be comparable to a photographic "snapshot" of the earth's atmosphere. If these inputs are inaccurate, the model forecast is likely to be inaccurate. Fortunately we provide you with two forecasts twice daily created by independently generated weather input files. If there is a discrepancy between the model forecast and real time observations of more than 30 degrees and/or 5 knots the forecast should be discarded. This will happen in approximately 15% of cases.
- Are there certain weather situations that the model will perform poorly?
- What does PWG / PWE / GFS / ECMWF stand for?
- How does PredictWind compare to other web based forecasts?
- How accurate should I expect the forecast to be?
- What happens if the forecast is wrong yesterday, should I still trust today's forecast?