- Click on forecast then on rain maps from the left menu bar.
- The Rain Maps shows you how widespread the rainfall is across your forecast area.
- The units are either millimeters per hour or inches per hour. This is a predicted average over the hour displayed.
- Light blue shading shows light rain, dark blue for moderate rain, and red for heavy rain.
- The rainfall combined with wind barbs and pressure contours allows you to easily identify frontal systems in the forecast, making this tool very valuable for judging weather changes.
- Hover your mouse pointer on the maps for detailed data of that point, or click the pointer on a point of interest.
The rain maps can be displayed at 50km resolution worldwide and at 8 kilometer resolution, in the high resolution areas. Generally the 8km resolution maps will be more accurate.
Use the animation controls to play or pause the animation, or click on the timeline to jump to a forecast time. Use the zoom controls on the map, or your mouse wheel, or the trackpad in your laptop to control your view.