After completing a weather route you can export it in a GPX format to your GPS or Navigation software. GPX is just a standard format for transferring waypoints between programs.
All 4 weather routes PWG, PWE, GFS and ECMWF can be exported, however we recommend that you export the active route.
- Go to the Waypoints icon on the map and add waypoints to your route by tapping the plus symbol.
- On the map, move them to a position that averages the 4 routes, or follows the majority of the routes if there is not consensus.
- Then go to tables.
- Then Export.
- Select your route to be exported from, Select Route: use my waypoints, this is the route we averaged over the 4 routes.
- Then Export as GPX.
- On a Tablet you will now have the option to copy the route to your navigation software.
- On a Mac or PC you will save the GPX file to your desktop then import the file to your navigation software.
- To transfer the route to a MFD you will need to save the route to a SD card.
Please bear in mind the optimal route is showing the trend and the general course to follow. It relies on the forecast and your boats polar being accurate. It is not "turn by turn" GPS car navigation system, so some interpretation is needed. The route should be updated every 12 hours.
In addition, the optimal weather route should be revised for navigational purposes. The 50m resolution land avoidance is an approximation of the coastline, and there is no concept of depth. Therefore the route may cross shallow areas, land, reefs and rocks. It is the user's responsibility to modify the route to avoid these navigational hazards.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.