Esta aplicación de iOS proporciona acceso tanto al correo electrónico como a la web. La función de correo le permite registrarse para una o más cuentas de correo @myiridium.net (una por dispositivo), que pueden usarse como cualquier cuenta de correo electrónico, incluso adjuntar imágenes o archivos.
Activación del Iridium GO!
Tras adquirir su Iridium GO! de PredictWind, necesitará activar su tarjeta SIM completando el formulario que encontrará en https://www.satphonestore.com/ctapw. El número ICCID está grabado sobre la tarjeta SIM.
If you have ordered multiple Sim cards, you can choose to activate any Sim Card. You can choose to activate the SIM card immediately or on a specified date. The Iridium activation process can take up to 24hrs.
Please note the billing of your Iridium GO plan is done on a calendar month basis and is not pro-rated so you may want to plan your activation to start on the 1st of the month.
1) Download Iridium Mail & Web App
Download and install the ‘Iridium Mail & Web’ from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2) Register for an Iridium Email Account
Navigate to https://www.iridium.com/iridiummailampwebregistration URL to fill out the registration form, follow the instructions and register for a username and password. Select ‘Iridium Subscriber’ from the device selection drop-down menu in the registration form. Registration for an account is free and it is required to use the application.
Please note your username becomes your email address. ie if johnsmith is your username, your email address would be firstname.lastname@example.org
The email field at the bottom is simply for Iridium to send confirmation of the registration process. Please be careful that you accurately record the password, as you will need it for setting up the Iridium Mail & Web App.
The email address is not associate with your Sim Card, so if you do get a new Sim card you do not need to register again. However if your account is inactive for 12 months the email address is removed from the Iridium email servers.
3) Pair the iOS Device with Iridium GO!
- Set up the Iridium GO! unit in an outdoor area with open access to the sky and 5 bars of signal strength prior to use. Without full signal strength the data rate will drop dramatically. If the Iridium GO! does not have signal strength, it is probably not activated.
- Flip up the antenna on Iridium GO! to turn it on.
- Wait for Iridium GO! to initialize and establish connection with the Iridium network.
- On your iOS device, go to Wi-Fi setting and select ‘Iridium-xxxx’ network. Wait for your iPhone or iPad to connect to the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi network.
4) App Set Up
Open the Iridium Mail & Web app. You will be asked to enter your full name, username, and password, used during the registration process. The app will guide you to configure the device connection type. Select ‘Iridium GO! for Mobile Devices’ as your connection type and click on the home screen.
5) Send/Receive Email
To draft emails, tap 'Mail' on the main menu and tap the 'New Mail' icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap 'To:' and enter the recipient's address. Tap 'Next' on your keypad to enter the Subject. Tap 'Next' on your keypad to enter the body of the email message. When the message is complete, tap 'To Outbox' in the top right corner. Repeat until all emails are complete.
Click the 'Send/Receive Mail icon' at the bottom left corner of the screen. Select
'Send/Receive Mail.' The session log window will appear. Wait for the session to complete and disconnect; select 'Done' to return to the Mail menu screen (as seen in the picture below).
6) Configure Web Surfing (Text Websites Only)
The 'Iridium Mail & Web' app allows you to view text only web pages using the Safari Web Browser.
1) On your iOS device, go to Wi-Fi setting and select ‘Iridium-xxxx’ network. Wait for your iPhone/iPad to connect to the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi network.
2) Please go to the iOS settings > Wifi > Click on Iridium-XXXXX. At the bottom select Http Proxy and click on the "Auto" button. This step only needs to be done once.
3) Open the Iridium Mail & Web App and click on the ‘Web’ icon on the home screen.
4) Click the upper-right 'Connect' option to start your connection.
5) Wait for the dialling process to be complete. You will be directed to the Safari web browser app. On the first time opening Safari you will get a proxy display message. Please make sure you enter in the correct username/password. This is the same username and password you use for the Iridium email setup. If you do not enter these credentials correctly the web browsing will not work. If you do not receive the proxy message please check step 2) and try a full power off/on of the iOS device.
If you are having trouble, please ensure all 'background apps' are closed down or 'killed.' It is also critical that you do not have multiple tabs open in Safari.
7) Continue to access Web content. If you leave the page inactive for a few minutes, the connection will be dropped, and you will not be able to view any other test based web pages.
8) Click the Iridium Mail & Web app to close the data connection. It will automatically close.
6) Configure Facebook
To do a Facebook post please follow these instructions. You will need to have a high speed internet connection to complete the setup process.
- On your laptop/tablet open a web browser, and go to fb.myiridium.net
- If not already, you will need to be logged into your Facebook account
- Then select "Okay"
- You need to pair the Iridium Mail & Web with Facebook. Please enter your Iridium Mail & Web Username (not the full email address) and password.
- For security reasons Facebook requires you complete this process every 60 days.
- After completing this setup process, connect you iOS device to the Iridium GO, open the Iridium Mail & Web App, then go to Settings > Social Media and enter in your Facebook email address and password, and return to the main menu.
- Go to the Facebook menu and type in a post, and click "Ok".
- Then go to the Mail menu and select "Send and Receive Mail"
8) Configure Twitter
- Open the Iridium Mail & Web app connected to the internet at home before going on your trip. Twitter registration will fail if you are not connected the internet.
- Click on the Settings icon on home screen, select ‘Social Media’ and turn on Twitter
- A window will appear asking you to login to Twitter to allow Iridium Mail & Web to post on your behalf
- Allow Iridium Mail & Web access to your Twitter account
- A PIN will be generated once authentication has been granted. Record the PIN.
- Enter the PIN in the appropriate location and hit OK.
- Once this configuration is complete, tweets can be posted via Iridium Mail & Web using the Twitter icon on the home screen.
- Please connect to the Iridium wifi before trying to post to Twitter via the Mail & Web application.
- The posting will only be sent the next time you make an email connection.
9) Configure Weather Forecast Service
This is a generic weather service with data from the NOAA GFS model. We recommend the PredictWind Offshore Package for a detailed and accurate forecast.