The 'Tables' tab next to 'Maps' shows the weather information and track information for both forecasts and allows you to quickly compare 4 trips for departing from Day 1 to Day 4
- The optimal routes displayed on the map are not the main tool for the Departure Planning. Please use the summary table to make your departure decision. To look at the optimal route for a particular day, please use the weather routing tool.
- The summary table shows the four trips for departing for Day 1 to Day 4. Each trip is separated by 24 hours from the start date and time. You do have the option to change the interval from 24hrs down to 1hr intervals in the settings page.
- For each day, two forecasts will be displayed. These will either be the PWG/PWE model or the GFS/ECMWF model, depending on which one you selected before running a Departure Plan. If both forecasts are similar, you can have a high degree of confidence in the Departure Plan.
- For a safe trip, it is best to check that the maximum wind speed is not too high for your vessel and minimize the percentage of time going upwind. You should also minimize the time spent in large swells.
- The comparison table makes it quick and easy to get an objective summary on leaving on the different days.
*Please be aware that the PWG/PWE models forecast out to 14 days so please set your start date and time within a timeframe that allows all four Departure Plans to be completed. The forecast will run for a maximum of 14 days. Beyond 14 days, the model forecast is not accurate.