NOTE: This help topic is not relevant for Iridium GO! / Optimizer users.
Watch the video tutorial in Full Screen mode, or follow the instructions:
• Open the PredictWind Offshore App
• Move your start point (green) and your destination point (red) to your desired locations. You can zoom in and out to get a better view of your route. Please ensure your start and destination points are in the water and not on land. Each time you change your route the App automatically selects the relevant high resolution & offshore GRIB files, GMDSS text forecasts & Satellite imagery.
• You can add intermediate waypoints (between start and destination) by clicking on the "+" button next to the start waypoint control - top right of the screen. For the purposes of weather routing, we recommend that you minimise the number of waypoints so the weather routing is free to find the optimum route.
• Click ‘Download’ button from the left menu
• Make your selection of items to download. The total file size to receive via email is shown above the download button.
• Click ‘Next'.
• Choose ‘Email' tab.
• Make your final selection of items to download. The total file size to receive via email is displayed below the table.
• Click 'Save Request' - save the file to your 'desktop'.
• Open a new email. Send the saved file to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching the file to the email. You can leave the subject line blank. Please Note: The email will be sent back to the email address that you send the request from. You do NOT need to change the email address for your PredictWind login.
• After a few minutes you will receive multiple emails with GRIB files and PWU files. Save these files to your 'desktop'.
• Go back to the PredictWind Offshore App.
• Click File > Open. Please use the 'ctrl' button to select multiple GRIB files, and the PWU file.
• The PredictWind Offshore App will then load the files into the app. You can then view the files that you have downloaded by clicking on the different Menus and Views
NOTE: For SSB radio services there are maximum file sizes that these services allow. Please make sure your requests are below these limits.
Pactor I or II: 10 kbytes
Pactor III : 30 kbytes
Pactor IV : 40 kbytes